Lufkin High School Test Center Guidelines for Students
According to TEA, districts can require students to come onto campus to complete a required assessment. When a student is required to come on campus, effort should be made to ensure the student is given an opportunity to make the visit with a maximum of social distancing and in compliance with other public health mitigation steps in place, including any mask requirements consistent with Executive Order GA-29.
LVLA Lufkin High School students will be taking exams for PAP, Advanced, AP, and dual credit courses on campus. Maximum social distance will be provided during testing and students are responsible for their own transportation.
- Students will make arrangements with the teacher for the exam date and time.
- If the student cancels or doesn’t show for testing, he/she must reschedule with the teacher. Students will be scheduled for the next available testing opportunity, according to the teacher.
- School day testing will take place from 11:30-1:00, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays in the
- If testing during the day, enter and exit through the auditorium entrance.
- After hours testing will take place from 4:15-5:45, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, and Saturdays from 8:30-10:00 a.m. in the LHS Library.
- If testing after hours or on Saturday, enter and exit at the front of the building.
- Students need to bring their current school ID for identification.
- Students will be required to leave their phones in their bags at the front of the room.
Upon completion of the test, students will be required to exit the building. Students are required to complete the attendance form/work for all other class periods, beyond their testing window, if testing during the school day.
If a student is unable to test during the school day on the assigned testing date, s/he must arrange a testing appointment with the teacher. If the test is not taken on the test date and arrangements are not made, a zero will be entered for the test grade. Students will make arrangements to complete the test and replace the zero, per make-up policy. It is the student’s responsibility to make testing arrangements with the teacher.
On Campus Testing Opportunities
- Tuesday-Thursday from 11:30-1:00, auditorium (use auditorium entrance of LHS)
- Tuesday-Thursday from 4:15-5:45, library (use front entrance of LHS)
- Saturday- 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., library (use front entrance of LHS)